Monday, October 5, 2009

It is time for a new post

It's been a while since I have posted to this blog. It has been so crazy around here. I am going to try to post more frequently now. A lot has happened since my last post. I will try to update you on all of the major things that have happened recently.
This past weekend I flew my cross country to practice approaches at different airfields. It was so fun! We took off on Friday afternoon and flew to Birmingham, Al to shoot a couple of approaches. Then we headed north to Huntsville, AL to fuel up. We waited a little bit for the sun to go down and then we flew a night sortie to Chattanooga, TN to shoot approaches and then off to Knoxville, TN to stop for the night. We met up with 3 other crews and and went out to dinner. Saturday we took off and flew over the Great Smokey Mountains which was really cool. We shot some approaches in Columbia, SC cancelled IFR and flew VFR to Charleston, SC. Basically we didn't use any navigational aids to help us find our way. We pulled out some low level charts and and flew off of land features and rivers and such. We landed in Charleston for fuel and then headed VFR along the coast to Jacksonville, FL for more fuel. Then we took off again and headed further south to West Palm Beach, FL. It was definitely one of the funnest things that I have ever done. On our way to West Palm Beach we flew right by Cape Canaveral and saw where they launch the space shuttle. On Sunday we flew to Tallahassee, FL for fuel and then we were back in the air on our way back to Columbus. There was a big storm in Columbus and we almost had to divert. It was pouring rain and visibility was horrible. I shot the ILS and didn't see the runway until we were on very short final for the runway. It was awesome. Well enough about that. This week we are going in late because we are going to be doing all of our night flying. I am looking forward to that. I like flying at night. A lot has happened lately so I am going to try to make another post again soon. I have to go now though....So long!

1 comment:

Evan said...

I love your blog! Keep up the posts about training!