Sunday, May 17, 2009

We made it to MIssissippi!

Alright, I know I haven't been keeping this blog up to date like I wanted, but now that I have started class there is a lot more going on and I will post more often. I arrived here at Columbus Air Force Base, Mississippi just a little over two weeks ago and I started class this last friday. I actualy drove here with my wife and 1.5 year old son from Mesa Arizona. That was quite an adventure....I'll just say if it weren't for portable dvd players and the movie "Cars" we might not have made it, go Lightning Mcqueen! We left on Monday the 27th of April and arrived here on that Friday. We stopped at some cool places along the way, but my favorite was at White Sands National Monument in New Mexico. Porter had a blast but for some reason thought that he had to eat all of the sand.
I spent the last couple of weeks unpacking boxes, getting the house put together, and spending time with my wife and son. The Air Force gave us a little home that was probably built in the 60's. It has some interesting features like bright turqois tile in the bathroom, but it is actually not too bad. I just like that I don't have to pay for it. I don't think that I told you, but my wife is pregnant and is due on the 12th of June. Since I am going to be so busy now that pilot training has started we decided that it would be best for her to be back in AZ to have the baby where she will live with her family and have her mom to help take care of her and Porter. She flew back home a couple of days ago and won't come back until the end of July. I am going to miss them a ton, but since she is going to have a C-section I already got approval from my commander to fly back to Az for the birth. I will only miss one day of training.
It is getting late and I have to go in early tomorrow so I've got to get to bed. I'll post again soon.

No comments: